Watch the video to see how the EAA is making a difference.
Reshaping education. Reshaping student success.
The schools of the Education Achievement Authority (EAA) of Michigan implement a student-centered system of personalized learning where every student has an individualized learning plan.
- Each student:
- Works at their own pace — they get extra time when they need it and the opportunity to accelerate ahead when they don’t:
- For example, if a student can complete course work in six months, rather than nine, they will be advanced to the next level of instruction.
- If a student needs 10 months to complete course work, they will not be penalized because it takes them longer.
- Achieves credit based on when they master their skills and complete individual goals, not when the calendar says it’s time.
- Succeeds through the combined teaching approach of dedicated teachers and support staff, state-of-the-art technology, and their fellow students.
- Parents, students and teachers have real-time access to information on student progress.
- Each student has access to a personal computer.
- 210 days of instruction verses the traditional 175 days (with a trimester option for high school students who need flexibility during the summer months — see details below).
- 95 percent of the resources are directed to the operations of individual EAA member schools.
An open letter to our community from Dr. John Covington, EAA Chancellor
Read the letter from EAA Chancellor Dr. John Covington that addresses the Michigan Department of Education’s decision to end the exclusive contract with the EAA.
“[The students] feel safer; they’re learning more. They feel they’re in an environment where they have a chance to be successful.”
Flexible learning opportunities for high school students
The EAA’s personalized approach to learning allows high school students to take advantage of three different learning options during the summer.
Read more about these three options.
How to Enroll
Empowering the education of your child begins with enrollment. That’s why we’ve made the enrollment process simple, starting with the convenience of year-round enrollment at every EAA school. And to help get you started, we’ve outlined four simple steps for you to follow.