Henry Ford High School
- Principal: Kristen Woods-Helms
- Colors: Brown and Gold
- Common Core aligned curriculum
- Highly qualified teachers
- Safe school environment
- STEM Lab
- Tutoring and Exteneded Day Program
- Project Based Learning
- 9th Grade Academy (SLC)
- Basketball (2016 State Champs!)
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
Vibrant Student Life:
- Student Government
- Robotics Club
- Honor Society
- Greenhouse on site
- Health Clinic on site
Landmarks and Pleasant Surroundings:
- O’Hair Park
- Detroit Parent Network
- Detroit Scholarship Fund
- United Way
SMARTLabs are 21st century learning labs, equipped with a curriculum meant to engage learners of all abilities through hands-on, minds-on projects. Students explore the breadth of the curriculum through short, student-centered engagements that they select based on individual interests and abilities. The labs contain an extensive library of rigorous project-based lessons in 8 different discipline areas.
Clubs / Programs
We offer a variety of extra curricular activities for our students to provide enrichment opportunities.
Please visit our school to learn more about these exciting clubs.
- Robotics Team
- Academic Decathlon
- Knitting Club
- Chess Club
- Student Government
Our school identifies the needs of our students and offers various programs.
See the list below to identify a program that may work for you.
- Linked Learning Business Pathways
- General Motors Student Corps Internship Program
- Women of Tomorrow Mentoring Program
- Virtual Learning Lab
- ALEKs Enrichment Math Program
- Flex Literacy Ready Program
We offer a variety of music classes and programs for students. We understand this is an important program for their learning enrichment.
See the list below of music classes that may interest your child.
Our school partners with various community organizations to provide resources for families and the surrounding community.
Please see the list below and visit our school to learn more about resources that are available.
- Detroit Parenting Network
- Rm. 100 Parent Resource Room
- Black Family Development, Inc.
- Henry Ford Alumni Group
- Parent Career Readiness Workshops – resume writing, job interviewing and more!
Track & Field