- Principal: Nir Saar
- Colors: Powder Blue
Mumford Blue Academy represents a brand new approach to education in Detroit. Mumford Blue is a small learning community within the new state-of-the-art Mumford High School facility. Its small school model promotes a positive school culture and connection between students and educators for a more personalized learning approach.
- Highest growth and attendance scores in the district
- Experienced teachers that challenge and engage students every day
- Small class sizes, so each student gets more attention
- Daily after school, one-on-one tutoring for all students
- Cutting-edge computer software to prepare students for college and their careers
- Tons of celebrations and field trips every year
- Parents can monitor and track their child’s behavior and grades on their cell phones
Boys & Girls Basketball
Football and Cheerleading
Track and Field
Choir, theater, band, and music production
Vibrant Student Life:
Local College Visits
Field Trips (both fun and educational)
Student Leadership Council
Benefits for Parents
Parent Teacher Conferences and Check Ins at the close of each quarter
Grade and behavior tracking program so parents can monitor student’s progress in real time
SMARTLabs are 21st century learning labs, equipped with a curriculum meant to engage learners of all abilities through hands-on, minds-on projects. Students explore the breadth of the curriculum through short, student-centered engagements that they select based on individual interests and abilities. The labs contain an extensive library of rigorous project-based lessons in 8 different discipline areas.
Clubs / Programs
We offer a variety of music classes and programs for students. We understand this is an important program for their learning enrichment.
See the list below of music classes that may interest your child.
- Drum line
Our school partners with various community organizations to provide resources for families and the surrounding community.
Please see the list below and visit our school to learn more about resources that are available.
- Detroit Parent Network
Track & Field