Mumford High School
- Principal: Angela Prince, Kyra White (9th Grade SLC Leader)
- Colors: Maroon and Powder Blue
- After-school tutoring
- Football (JV & Varsity)
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Boys & Girls Track & Field
- Marching Band/Concert Band/Choir
- Baseball and Softball
- Boys & Girls basketball (JV & Varsity)
- Boys & Girls Tennis and Swimming
- Volleyball (JV & Varsity)
- Dance and Cheerleading
Active alumni association
- Mumford has a robust alumni association that supports the school and contributes to the continued improvement of its community through an annual scholarship endowment, teacher appreciation pancake breakfast and other events.
- Mumford is housed inside a $50 million, state-of-the-art facility. The building, which replaced the original high school, opened in the fall of 2012 on the same property.
Vibrant Student Life:
- Student Council
- Student Leadership Team
- Chess Club
- Robotics Team
- Dance Team
SMARTLabs are 21st century learning labs, equipped with a curriculum meant to engage learners of all abilities through hands-on, minds-on projects. Students explore the breadth of the curriculum through short, student-centered engagements that they select based on individual interests and abilities. The labs contain an extensive library of rigorous project-based lessons in 8 different discipline areas.
Clubs / Programs
We offer a variety of extra curricular activities for our students to provide enrichment opportunities.
Please visit our school to learn more about these exciting clubs.
- National Honor Society
Our school identifies the needs of our students and offers various programs.
See the list below to identify a program that may work for you.
- COMPACT scholarship coordinator on site
- Dual Enrollment
- Advanced Placement classes
- Accelerated reading/math
- Foreign languages – Chinese, French and Spanish
We offer a variety of music classes and programs for students. We understand this is an important program for their learning enrichment.
See the list below of music classes that may interest your child.
- Drum line
Our school partners with various community organizations to provide resources for families and the surrounding community.
Please see the list below and visit our school to learn more about resources that are available.
- Detroit Parent Network
Track & Field